Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
To all applicants, employees, partners and clients:
Diversity is a central part of our culture and how we do work at Proactive Talent. It’s a key to our mission to help companies evolve the way they attract, retain, and hire talent--as well as for our own collective 'tribe' here at Proactive Talent. Furthermore, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is deeply rooted in our collective values as a company and a community of freelance Talent Acquisiton professionals. We recognize that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring richness to our work environments and the the results we show for our clients. Such differences help us connect better with the health needs of people in communities around the world. We believe that attracting, developing and retaining a base of employees and contractors that reflects the diversity of our customers is essential to our success. We also believe success hinges on relationships with diverse partners, professional organizations, and suppliers.”
As an organization we are genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion (or ‘D&I’) and understand that the presence of visible diversity does not equate to being diverse and inclusive alone. We believe that a meaningful commitment to D&I requires dual and concurrent focus on individual behaviors and organizational systems.
Openness to alternative ways of approaching a task or an issue, revisions to work processes, and flexibility in scheduling are all hallmarks of a diverse and inclusive organization."
Founder & President
Proactive Talent Strategies, LLC
Diversity & Inclusion Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives
Vision: Leveraging a diverse and inclusive workforce to achieve superior business results
Our goal is to attract, develop and retain the best and brightest from all walks of life and backgrounds. This requires an organization to have a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, provided work-life balance, and an opportunity to excel in their chosen careers.
Mission: To build and leverage a diverse and inclusive workforce and workplace by building leadership capability and organizational capacity.
This requires all employees and freelance contractors to do their part. Leaders must possess diversity and inclusion competencies to lead and manage an engaged workforce. Others must treat their colleagues with respect by listening to different viewpoints, opinions, thoughts and ideas and embracing a culture of inclusion.
Strategic Objectives: To support the realization of our vision and mission, we have established the following strategic objectives:
- Diversity - Improve the representation of women and minorities at all levels of the organization and integrate people with disabilities and Veterans by driving talent acquisition and management practices to achieve results
- Inclusion - Create an inclusive work environment that fosters creativity and innovation and promotes colleague engagement through awareness and inclusive leadership skills training, promoting Work Life Flexibility, and supporting both employee and freelancers personal needs and uniqueness.
- Communications - Ensure that Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, actions, and results are transparent to all key stakeholders
- External Relations - Engage various external stakeholder groups that support and serve Proactive Talent’s values and interests including our diversity suppliers
- Accountability - Hold leadership accountable for Diversity & Inclusion goals and objectives.